Embroidered Art – Village Life
Title: Village Life
Artist: C. Makoni
Size: approx 15″w x 22″h
Hand embroidered folk art
Cost: $90 – includes free shipping in the continental U.S.
The piece includes the hand written story by the artist.
- Mr. Chirinda is a carpenter. He makes doors, stools and some chairs for the villagers.
- Mrs. Tsiga is giving her children a candle. Tavanda Is reading a novel. His sisters Tapiwa and Ratidzai are listening. The baby is sleeping.
- Mrs. Tambaoga is winnowing some maize
- Mdakaitei, Shamiso, Munyaradzi and Tanatwa are playing Pada.
- Mr. and Mrs. Chingozi are going to see their friends in Village Six.
- Mr. Chimutuwa is giving Mr. Chitiyo a spanner. They want to put another wheel. It has got a punch.